What is a truffle mayonnaise?
Truffle mayonnaise is a type of mayonnaise that is made with black or white truffles. Truffles are a type of fungus that has a rich, earthy flavour. When added to mayonnaise, truffles give the mayonnaise a unique and delicious flavour.
Our British Truffle Mayonnaise is a delicious and versatile condiment that can elevate any dish. We make ours by infusing our cold pressed rapeseed oil with fine Italian white truffles and free range eggs, to make a thick, luxurious mayonnaise. Its rich, earthy flavour is perfect for a variety of foods.
What is truffle mayonnaise used for?
Truffle mayonnaise can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- As a dipping sauce for chips, vegetables or crusty bread.
- To add a touch of luxury to your favourite mac & cheese or pasta recipes.
- Amazing as a burger topping.
- To make devilled eggs that are both delicious and elegant.
- To create chicken salad sandwiches that are sure to impress your guests.
- To upgrade your toasted cheese sandwiches spreading on outside instead of butter.
- As a simple accompaniment for steak, chicken or fish.
How long does truffle mayo last in the fridge?
Once opened, it can last for up to 4 weeks in the fridge. However, it is best to use it within 2 weeks to keep the best flavour.
Here are some additional tips for using truffle mayonnaise:
- Use it sparingly. This mayonnaise is a strong flavour, so you don’t need to use a lot of it.
- Pair it with other flavours that complement truffles. Some good pairings include cheese, mushrooms, seafood and eggs.
- Experiment with different recipes. There are endless possibilities when it comes to using this mayonnaise. So have fun and experiment with different recipes to find your favourite way to use it.
I hope you enjoy using it in your kitchen! Or gifting with a Truffle Hamper
Send us your creations @cotswoldgold