For this blog we have a delicious roast potato recipe using our signature cold pressed, extra virgin rapeseed oil. This has one of the highest smoke points of all the oils which means you can heat it so it is really hot and get super crispy potatoes. Which is the whole point of a proper roastie!!!
- Maris Piper Potatoes (approx 3kg will feed 8 people plus extras!!!)
- Cotswold Gold Original Rapeseed Oil
- British Sea Salt
- Garlic and Rosemary (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters (or whatever size you prefer).
- Leave the potatoes in the water to rinse.
- Change the water, add potatoes and a good lot of salt (as salty as the sea).
- Bring to the boil then cook on a medium heat for 10-15 mins. So the edges look cooked
- Take off heat, drain and gently remove from the pan.
- Season with salt all over
- Leave to steam on the side for 30 mins (this is key).
- Then ruffle gently so the outsides are all chuffed up. This can be done the day before to save time and left in the fridge
- Heat oven to 200◦c.
- Whilst the potatoes steam add the oil to a roasting tray and pop it into the oven.
- Then put the tray on the stove and put on a high heat. When the oil is almost smoking hot, carefully add the potatoes. TIP: make sure the tray is not too crowded or they won’t crisp up properly. Use a second tray if making lots
- Cook on one side for a minute, then turn so all of the potatoes have been coated in the hot oil, then pop straight into the hot oven.
- After 25 mins place back on the hot stove whilst you turn the potatoes.
- Back in the oven for another 25 mins or so until golden and crispy all over.
- For the final 10 mins you can add some fresh rosemary and garlic if you like.
- Drain on kitchen paper, season and leave in the oven until ready to serve.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for Incredible Roast Potatoes. We would love to hear your feedback! You can share the end result of you ‘roasties’ by tagging us in your pics on social media @cotswoldgold
If you want to take your roasties a step further you could also use this wonderful Roast Potato Oil from our foodie friends at Ross & Ross Gifts. It’s even better as it is our oil that is used so we know it is great!
To perfectly match your roast potatoes (if you aren’t having a Sunday roast) we have an incredible condiment. TRUFFLE MAYONNAISE